MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
Operate the MDA GSI production systems and support Geomatics related activities at the Gatineau Satellite Station in Cantley Quebec.
General responsibilities include:
- Monitoring incoming orders, interface with internal and external systems.
- Process multi-mission SAR data.
- Post-processing products validation as required.
- Delivery of products, including meeting client expectations for near-real time products and services.
- In-depth trouble-shooting of various processing related issues and problems
- Communicate with Client Services Representatives (CSR) and clients for technical support and enquiries.
- Perform Value Added Products (VAP) Services as required to support Near-real time (NRT) project related activities, these include target, oil and wind detection using customized GIS analysis tools.
- Interact directly with Production Supervisor on VAP procedures and methodologies.
- Image quality analysis of multi-mission SAR Imagery.
- Complete delegated project related tasks, including the development and implementation of VAP related methodologies and procedures as may be required for NRT events.
- Plan and ensure resource coverage for meeting NRT deliveries as may be required each shift
- Independently ensure that skills are updated and practiced in anticipation of possible NRT requirements.
- Respond to Geomatics related inquiries from CSRs and clients in a timely and comprehensive manner, ensuring all information is provided in congruent with the Radar Production operations and procedures.
- Two to three years related experience in GIS or Remote Sensing.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience and education combined.
- Strong capability in Microsoft Windows environment.
- Experience in a GIS/EO tools an asset.
- Basic Remote Sensing and GIS COTS software (PCI, ArcMap) an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours – evenings and weekends are required.
- Must hold a valid driver license
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.