Engineering student – Antenna Design – Fall 2023
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we will take you there!
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we are leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We are fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We are looking for motivated and talented students in Antenna Engineering for our Sainte-Anne-de Bellevue office. This is a 4 or 8 month internship starting in September 2023.
The successful candidate’s work scope would be similar to that of a new graduate joining our company, where tasks will be assigned relative to the level of schooling and experience achieved to date.
During your internship program, you will gain a great understanding of the work we do, our commitment to safety, and the options we offer in our large-scale operations. You’ll build relationships with the MDA team and community; you’ll gain valuable real-world experience – while getting paid to do it!
As our Engineering Student, you will:
- Following training in antenna design methods and software, HFSS, FEKO, TICRA GRASP and POS, the student will join the space antenna design team on an ongoing project or as part of the bid team;
- In an environment with deadlines and budgets and under the supervision of an experienced engineer, the student will be called upon to collaborate in the design and optimization of space antenna performance;
- In this context, the student will also perform sensitivity and degradation analyses of antenna on-orbit performance.
- The student will attend team discussions to find solutions as well as project status meetings;
- As a member of the antenna design team, the student will also be able to participate in the preparation of antenna performance reports and presentations to various customers.
Experience and skills required :
- Completed third year of bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering;
- Demonstrated academic performance GPA: (3.2/4.0 minimum);
- Desire to learn;
- Sense of initiative;
Desirable skills :
- Have a passion for problem solving;
- Enjoy a challenge and have the ability to work well under pressure;
- Have a good command of English and French;
- Good knowledge of electromagnetism;
- Excellent interpersonal and/or customer service skills.
Please upload a copy of both your Resume and your Transcript when you apply.
Comments/Special Considerations :
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
Equal Opportunity Statement :
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID Statement :
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.