Engineering Student – Quality assurance – Fall 2023
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we will take you there!
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we are leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We are fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a motivated and talented Engineering Student in our Quality Assurance department at our Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue office. This is a 4 month mandate (with a possibility of 8 months) starting in September 2023.
Overall the successful candidate would be treated similar to a new graduate joining our company, where tasks will be assigned relative to the level of schooling and experience achieved to date.
The successful candidate will be under the supervision of the department manager and will work closely with more senior engineering colleagues.
As an Engineering Student, you will:
- Participate in product design by reviewing drawings and engineering change notices (ECN)
- Contribute to production by reviewing work instructions and inspection points on production orders
- Coordinate problem solving during non-conformance detection with purchasing, production, design and other engineering disciplines
- Work in a project environment with controlled schedules and budgets under the supervision of an experienced QA engineer
- Support the team in developing process improvement solutions
- Participate in the modification of QA system documentation.
- One completed year of Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or physical engineering.
- Eager to learn
- Sense of initiative and leadership
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bilingual (French, English)
Please upload a copy of both your Resume and your Transcript when you apply.
Comments/Special Considerations :
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
Equal Opportunity Statement :
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID Statement :
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.