Engineering Student – Systems – Fall 2023
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we will take you there!
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we are leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We are fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a motivated and talented Engineering Student in our Satellite Systems and Payloads department at our Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue office. This is a 4 month mandate (with a possibility of 8 months) starting in September 2023.
Overall the successful candidate would be treated similar to a new graduate joining our company, where tasks will be assigned relative to the level of schooling and experience achieved to date.
The successful candidate will join the Systems Engineering team on one or two projects. The candidate will work in a project environment with schedules and budgets and under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
As our Engineering Student, you will:
- The candidate will participate in the design of advanced digital payload architecture for satellite constellation systems;
- The development of tools and computer models for performance analysis of our communication payloads for NGSO missions;
- Requirements definition, project implementation, test phases, and R&D activities in support of payload design process improvement;
- As a member of the Systems Engineering team, the student will also be able to participate in the preparation of performance reports and presentations to various customers.
Experience and skills required :
- Interested candidates should be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physical Measurements or equivalent with three (3) years completed.
- Modeling of RF circuits or subsystems on Matlab, Simulink, Pathwave (SystemVue), etc.;
- Willingness to learn;
- Sense of initiative.
Desirable skills :
- Demonstrated academic performance (good GPA [above 3.0/4.0]);
- Some experience with Python, C, C++ would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Good French and English proficiency.
Please upload a copy of both your Resume and your Transcript when you apply.
Comments/Special Considerations :
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
Equal Opportunity Statement :
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID Statement :
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.