WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Junior Digital-Analog Board Designer on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
The Junior Digital-Analog Board Designer will report to a board designer and support him/her in the development of CPU boards, digital control/processing boards, motor drive boards, data sampling and/or pattern generation boards for space applications. These boards will include FPGAs, occasionally CPUs and various serial or parallel interfaces. The applications can be in the area of space robotics, telecommunication (including satellite constellations), radar imaging, CPU boards, etc
- Help prepare electrical schematics and parts lists
- Per instructions, verify the part placement on PCBs prior to layout
- Per board routing instructions, follow the board layout
- Review board gerbers, board & assembly drawings
- Work with structural & thermal designers for the board design and layout
- Prepare sections of various analyses (ex: worst case, FMECA)
- Support board assembly and conduct tests on initial models (ex:breadboard)
- Support preparation of functional and environmental test plans & procedures for flight models
- Supervise tests on the flight boards in clean laboratories
- Help VHDL developers that program on-board FPGAs, software developers for CPU boards and electrical ground test equipment designers
- Report progress and issues to their board lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Knowledge and some experience with Excel spreadsheets, MathCAD, Spice, Matlab or other such tools
- Some lab experience with electronic circuits.
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work well in a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Possible experience through university clubs or internships designing PCBs
- Exposure to a schematic entry tool (ex: Mentor Xpedition, PADS, OrCAD)
- Academic exposure to RF design.