WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Programming and Operations Analyst on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Reporting to operations and supply chain departments, the candidate is responsible for the continuous improvement and support of processes, and information systems throughout the organization.
The candidate is responsible for the entire system development life cycle, including, but not limited to: investigation, documentation, design, programming, testing, managing the release to production systems and training end users, maintenance and support.
The candidate must possess excellent interpretation, programming, communications and organizational skills. The candidate must have a good ability to work independently with little supervision and initiative.
Dedication is required to meet project deadlines, balancing the need for quality deliverables within budget and schedule. A positive attitude and team work is a must, in order to build productive working relationships.
- Program business solutions using the Microsoft .Net Framework. (Mostly by using Web Forms or MVC)
- Support application of best industry practices and standards and develop innovative solutions to difficult problems.
- Develop solutions by interpreting functional and design specifications. May be required to develop functional block diagrams and data/logic flow charts.
- Lead meetings and presentations.
- Perform data analysis (such as: troubleshooting, budgeting and costing, metrics, systems architecture analysis)
- Assist with the creation of applications design documents.
- Apply the necessary tools and subsystems required to support applications development, test and reuse.
- Perform applications design, programming, testing and integration.
- Review all test results and make any programming changes that may be required.
- Provide recommendation to team leader to improve cost effectiveness and efficiency in order to successfully deliver commitments.
- Prepare comprehensive program-level and user operating procedures, ensuring ease of operation and maintainability of applications.
- Ability to interpret user requests and requirements and develop cost effective solutions, which not only satisfy the immediate needs, but are also proactive in proposing additional functionality which would be of future benefit.
- Contribute to the execution of projects from a budget and schedule perspective.
- Participate in software upgrades and application of patches as required.
- Attend team and project status review meetings and provide accurate updates.
- Deal with the internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Ensure effective implementation and on-going operation of new and modified applications, by conducting the training of users in the detailed system operation.
- Provide implementation and post-implementation support to users.
- Provide assistance to employees from the same department and/or other departments.
- Net (Web Forms and MVC)
- Hyper Text Markup Language 5 (HTML5)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Excel VBA (asset)
- UML Diagrams (asset)
- Visual Basic.NET (asset)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- MES, ERP and PLM Systems
- Windows Server 2008+, (Internet Information Services, Active Directory Domain Management) (asset)
- Microsoft SharePoint (asset)
- Fully bilingual, written, spoken (French / English)
- Knowledge of electronic and mechanical production (asset)
- Knowledge design and engineering (asset)
- Knowledge of I.T. (asset)
- Knowledge of supply chain (asset)
- Knowledge of accounting and costing (Department budgeting, project earned value systems) (asset)
- Knowledge of forecasting (asset)
- Knowledge of project planning and scheduling (asset)
Work and Educational Experience
College degree with in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Commerce, or equivalent, coupled with five (5) years or more of directly related experience
University degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Commerce, or equivalent, coupled with two (2) years or more of directly related experience