WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Embedded Software Developer on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
- The Senior Embedded Software Developer is part of an agile development team and responsible for the documentation, architecture and implementation of complex software for space applications such as satellites.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary (Systems, Digital, RF) team on the architecture and design of software for satellite payload systems
- Interact with customers and participate to new project proposals
- Implement embedded software (flight code)
- Redact the documentation required during the software life cycle
- Work within an agile development team as a technical leader
- Refine software requirements
- Support flight code integration and testing within flight units
- Support software process automation
- Electrical or Computer Engineering bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of embedded software development experience
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience writing boot code of embedded CPUs
- Strong skills in C and C++14
- Leadership in an agile environment
- Experience working with complex SoCs
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Strong experience with version control systems such as GIT
- Very good communication in English or French
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Disciplined and resourceful
- Knowledge of satellite communication standards such as DVB-S2X
- Experience with RF systems
- Knowledge of CCSDS, MIL-STD-1553
- Knowledge of protocols such as CAN bus and SpaceWire
- Experience with Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with VectorCast
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Experience in disciplined software development
- Fluent in French