MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for an Associate Software Engineer on our Geointelligence team at our Richmond office
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs. As an Assoicate Software Engineer on our Aviation program, you will apply proven engineering processes and work with integrated technologies to help build massive, intricate systems. Successfully solving these large, complex problems will involve hard work, a passion for quality, an inquisitive mind with the ability to self-educate, and the skills to work within a large team.
- Creating engineering solutions that are attractive to our customers and are cost-effective
- Working from requirements to develop or modify complex software applications
- Planning work, providing effort estimates and driving your work to completion
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting high quality software development applications
- Participating in integration, testing and deployment of software applications
- Assisting in troubleshooting problems in a software production environment
- Following established development processes and corporate technical and quality standards
- Identifying and incorporating potential technological advances in line with the long-term goals of the Aviation business
- A University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in the Aviation domain is not required – a keen interest in learning about it is
- The ability to understand and work with complex software development requirement specifications
- A team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in software development and test
- Proficiency in Java and/or C++ development in a Windows environment
- Knowledge of OOP design patterns and standard development practices
- Experience scripting using Perl or Python
- Creating tools to support development and test
- Knowledge of Aircraft navigation concepts and systems
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.