For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Mechanical Naval Design Engineer for our Satellite Systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars. As our Senior Naval Mechanical Engineer you will:
- Establish the naval mechanical design of antennas and electronic equipment,
- Interface with the multi-disciplinary engineering design team (electrical, materials, quality assurance, etc.) to ensure mechanical design aligns with other requirements,
- Prepare the required documentation to support production definition,
- Interface with the customer (statements of compliance, interface definition, design reviews),
- Define subsystem mechanical requirements,
- Interact with suppliers & review the mechanical worthiness & compliance of their designs,
- Conduct analytical & environmental studies,
- Establish test plans & procedures,
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering & management.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with 10 to 15 years of experience in military/naval programs.
- Must be familiar with standards used in the industry, notably the following specification documents: Def Stan 00-35; MIL-HDBK-310; MIL-STD-810G; Def Stan 07-247; Def Stan 08-144; MAP 01-470; MIL-S-901; MIL-STD-1472G; MIL-STD-167-1A; MIL-STD-882E
- Previous design experience with naval or other military radar antenna programs.
- Familiarity with requirements management and traceability tools (ex: DOORS)
- Familiarity with mechanical design aspects of high power RF systems and related support subsystems (power, cooling, etc.)
- Proven problem solving abilities,
- Demonstrated leadership,
- Multi-tasking abilities,
- Capable to set priorities, manage schedules & cost aspects,
- Bilingual preferred.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.