For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Software Developper – Software V&V on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA is currently seeking a Senior Software Developper – Software V&V with validation and verification experience to join our team in Montreal. Your initial mandate will include test definition and implementation based on Behavioral Driven Development. We have an amazing communication system to develop for a space shuttle and we need someone that is a master in the best modern software development practices to help finalizing our SAFe transition.
- Collaborate with a 4-to-6 person Scrum team to test plan and procedure for flight embedded system on software and hardware platforms;
- Translate test requirements into test scripts and support integration debugging ;
- Develop test software under Windows or Linux environment;
- Develop formal documentation (in an executable form) and embedded flight code within a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Structure your work around Agile software methodologies and build stories to work against;
- Support in-situ flight code integration and testing within flight units;
- Participate in formal reviews with your teammates and customer;
- Support software process automation.
- Minimum of 10 years of software validation and verification experience;
- Programming in Python (Asset: C#, REST API and JQL);
- Scripting/programming experience (e.g. Groovy, Bash, Powershell);
- Agile software experience (Kanban, Scrum, SAFe);
- Experience in automated testing of embedded system;
- Experience with test frameworks such as Behave, Cucumber, Pytest, XRay, etc.;
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) is in your DNA.
- Good communication and collaboration skills;
- Behavioral Driven Development oriented to support our transition;
- Experience in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) environment;
- Development tools: Jira (JIRA, Confluence, Behave, Jenkins, Git);
- Work experience using Windows and Linux environment;
- Fluent in French and English.