For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more. We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire. Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Engineer – Electronic Systems and Digital Signal Processing on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars. We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age. The Senior Engineer – Electronic Systems and Digital Signal Processing will be responsible for the design of complex electronic systems and DSP Algorithms for space applications, and participate in proposal activities for electronic systems.
- Conceive solutions and develop architectures for customer requirements that pertain to digital signal processing communication systems and units.
- Define lower level requirements needed to implement these architectures into FPGA or ASIC based hardware that may also include software components.
- Elaborate and simulate the DSP algorithms required and support their implementation and test in VHDL or Verilog.
- Define the performance requirements for the analog sections of such systems, i.e. filters, ADCs and DACs including specifying power regulation constraints.
- Waveform generation in FPGAs Participate in proposal activities, including initial assessment, proposed implementation, and costing
- Perform trade-offs in implementations, and make-buy decisions for systems
- Report progress and issues to project management Write technical reports and PowerPoint presentations of project details for team members and end customers
- Master’s degree in digital communications and 8+ years of experience, or bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience in Electronic systems, Digital Communications, Digital Signal Processing
- Ability to take a customer’s high level specification, convert it into a proposed implementation in terms of hardware and software (VHDL or embedded software) at the functional block diagram level
- Have detailed technical knowledge of various digital signal processing algorithms used in digital communications including common modulation and coding waveforms, radar signal processing
- Understand the manufacturing flow for hardware from breadboard through engineering and qualification models to production models
- Be able to cost the recurring and non-recurring aspects of a proposed implementation
- Excellent personal, written and verbal communication skills.
- System design experience for space-based platforms, including analysis, design and test.
- Understanding of wireless communication channels including digital signal processing and filtering for common modulation and coding waveforms.
- Knowledge of RF systems Knowledge of statistical signal processing
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Equal opportunity statement:
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.
Reference ID: R09810