For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Synthetic Aperture Radar Systems Engineer at our Richmond office.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs. As a SAR Systems Engineer you will participate in developing cutting-edge solutions to support providing high value information to support decision making by our customers.
- As part of the group of SAR Systems analysts and engineers, you will work with senior world-class SAR specialists, creating exciting opportunities for learning and growth
- You will contribute to cutting edge SAR R&D projects to better exploit SAR data
- You will contribute to existing SAR satellite programs currently underway as part of the mission engineering team
- As a SAR Systems Engineer, you will participate in the
- Development of operational beam modes and beam definitions
- Analysis of image quality performance
- Implementation of space-based SAR systems
- Development of SAR processing algorithms and image exploitation
- Implementation of On-orbit system calibration plans and techniques
- Bachelor or, preferably, a graduate degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Engineering, Math, Physics, or a combination of related education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years in last 7 years (excluding experience while a student). 6 years in last 10 years preferred.
- Experience in analysis of complex research tasks with algorithm development and implementation
- Ability and knowledge to work with IDL, MATLAB, Python, C++, and/or MS Excel
- Digital signal processing and Image processing experience
- Knowledge of Optical or SAR remote sensing, machine-learning, artificial intelligence is an asset
- Ability to learn new technologies and space borne remote sensing domain knowledge quickly
- Ability to work with complex satellite imaging systems, including understanding of SAR system hardware and implementation on space-based platforms
- An understanding of different types of engineering life cycles as applicable from large complex programs to software development
- An understanding of geographical data and the utilization of remote sensing imagery
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team-friendly attitude and willingness to learn
- The ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the SECRET status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.