Analogue electronics engineer with PCB design experience
This role provides an opportunity to join a small and enthusiastic UK team developing instrumentation for several space missions. The successful candidate will be an Electronics Engineer with analogue and PCB design experience, ideally with some experience in the space industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design analogue front-end systems for interfacing sensors to digital and power systems.
- Simulate analogue systems using SPICE models.
- Design to EMC and EMI requirements.
- Perform functional tests, and supervise EMC and EMI testing.
- Design large, many-layer PCBs using ORCAD.
- Write reports on all of the above for external review.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Individuals with Space Experience in Industry or with a Space Agency will have priority in evaluation of resumes.
- Experience designing analogue electronics for metrology.
- Experience designing PCBs.
- Preferably experience with ESA specifications for electronic design and assembly.
- Experience in the administration of requirements for internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of ESA ECSS standards and experience working in the Space Industry.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.