MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
MDA UK has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Engineer to join our team in Didcot, UK.
The role will involve the following tasks:
- Investigate mission requirements
- Produce payload architectures to meet mission requirements
- Analyse performance of proposed solutions
- Produce high quality documentation / reporting
- Technical reports / development plans / requirements specifications
- Knowledge of satellite communication architectures and techniques
- Experience in analysis and design of modern digital communication systems
- Experience in design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects
- Knowledge of ECSS qualification of components / equipment for space
- Experience with space rated comms equipment, high speed digital interfaces, ADC/DAC, Mass memory, digital processors and routers
- Digital coding techniques and synchronization issues.
- Full project experience (phases A – E)
- Prototyping and testing experience
- Optical communication
- MatLab / Python
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.