MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
MDA UK is a growing and dynamic company based on the Harwell Campus in Oxfordshire. We are a subsidiary of MDA, an internationally recognized leader in space robotics, space sensors, and antennas. MDA UK provides support to our European based customers as well as specializing in the UK development of space qualified metrology instruments, IR cameras and other intelligent sensors.
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative professionals with experience working in the space industry.
Are you passionate about space exploration? Do you have experience designing or building systems for the harsh space environment? If so then this is a rare chance to join a growing company with an exemplary heritage in the industry. We have exciting opportunities available to join our international and enthusiastic team developing instrumentation for several space missions, including a lunar lander and ESA technology demonstrators.
You will be working at the Harwell campus, an innovative hub for science and technology advancement in the UK.
- Delivering a variety of projects on time and on budget to customer requirements
- Managing projects from bid through to execution
- Monitoring progress
- Pricing technical projects
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Managing subcontractors
- Ensuring company quality processes are followed
- Providing technical interface to customers and subcontractors
- Working with a dynamic team to produce innovative solutions
- Preparing documentation including proposals, project management plans, change notices
- Resource management
- Risk assessment
- Leading project reviews
- 10 years experience managing projects in the space industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Familiar with project lifecycle from bid through execution and close down
- Familiar with MS Project or other scheduling tools
- University degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or equivalent
- Enthusiastic about space exploration
- Ability to motivate people
- Taking initiative
Skills considered an asset:
- Familiarity with formal configuration control methods
- Experience working on telecoms and sensor (especially optical) payloads
- Risk management
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.