MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
MDA UK are looking to hire a number of UAV Operators for program beginning early 2021. Theses roles will include both ship and land based deployments.
The UAV Operator reports to the MDA Program Manager and will operate the UAV in support of an overseas mission.
Operate the UAV system equipment:
- Perform the preflight checks and inspections of UAV System
- Fly the UAV as the primary pilot / operator.
- Operate the EO/IR payload as required
- Be familiar with the normal operating procedures and the emergency procedures
- Be able to perform the Built In Test (BIT), trouble shoot known technical issues and perform functional check flights after maintenance activities
- Launch/Recovery operation
- Coordinate with the local ATC (Air Traffic Control)
- Assist in the deployment and setup of the UAV System. Be capable of using and maintaining the operation records and documentation
- Complete operator logs and records
- Use and update operator manuals
- Assist the Site Manager in the performance of his/her duties.
- Support technical and Flight Safety investigations
- Define mission scenarios
- Coordinate with the customer’s operational organizations
- Supervise team preparation for mission
- Brief the team before the mission
- Responsible for implementation of operational decisions such as dealing with emergencies and mission updates.
- Conduct post flight briefing.
- Additional supervisory and operations roles may be available to suitable candidates, in addition to AVO duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous military air operations or previous deployed experience essential.
- UAV experience an asset.
- Military operational experience required and deployed experience an asset.
- Willing to be trained and committed to the task.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.