MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
MDA UK are looking to hire a number of UAV Technicians for a program beginning early 2021. Theses roles will include both ship and land based deployments.
The UAV Technician reports to the MDA Program Manager and will operate the UAV in support of an overseas mission.
Maintain the UAV system equipment
- Perform the daily and routine maintenance inspections of the UAV System
- Perform maintenance inspections, fault diagnosis and rectification as necessary
- Perform all maintenance inspections, fault diagnosis and rectification of the Air Vehicle components and GSTE (Ground Specialist Support Equipment)
- Perform software upgrades to the UAV System components as required
- Perform and interpret Built In Test (BIT) and subsystem test programs
Maintain the EO/IR and other payloads
- Perform maintenance inspections, fault diagnosis and rectification of the EO/IR if required
- Perform maintenance inspections, fault diagnosis and rectification of other payloads if required
- Reconfigure the UAV payload between sensor configurations
- Assist in the deployment and setup of the UAV System and subsystems
Have a full understanding and experience of technical airworthiness and Safety Management System disciplines
- Be an active participant in the MDA UAV Services Safety Management System
- Competently execute maintenance and work activities within regulatory Health & Safety and technical airworthiness regulations
- Be an active participant in the maintenance of MDA UAV Services’ environmental management program
- Competently complete operational and maintenance records and documentation
- Competently control the UAV System’s software and hardware configurations
- Competently use UAV System maintenance manuals as per the formal training program
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.