WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for an Laboratory manager / technician on our Robotic and Space Operations team at our UK office in Didcot. (Harwell Campus)
MDA’s international footprint in the UK creates opportunities to work with some of the most exciting space industrial players in the country. Delivering all three business area capabilities in Geointelligence, Robotics & Space Operations, and Satellite Systems, our UK team provides support to our European-based customers while specializing in the development of advanced space sensors for exploration missions as well as space-based communication technology. As our presence grows overseas, so does our need for new ambitious team players to help us advance our place in the Universe and beyond.
This role provides an opportunity to join the small and enthusiastic UK team developing equipment and sub-systems for multiple space missions. The successful candidate will be an Laboratory manager / technician keen to take a role in the space industry.
- Day to day running of MDA’s lab, workshop and clean room including
- Organizing and maintaining of equipment
- Calibration of equipment
- Procurement of consumables and lab equipment
- Clean room maintenance
- Environmental monitoring
- Stores management
- Goods in inspections
- Kitting builds
- Supporting manufacture and test activities
- Supporting Manufacturing and Test Readiness Reviews
- Providing clear documentation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to follow and enforce lab procedures
- Experience working in manufacturing & test facilities
- Ability to follow manufacturing processes and apply rigorous build standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills