WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Junior Software Engineer on our Satellite Systems team at our UK office in Didcot. This role provides an opportunity to join the small and enthusiastic UK team developing equipment and sub-systems for multiple space missions. The successful candidate will be a Software Systems graduate keen to take a role in the space industry.
MDA’s international footprint in the UK creates opportunities to work with some of the most exciting space industrial players in the country. Delivering all three business area capabilities in Geointelligence, Robotics & Space Operations, and Satellite Systems, our UK team provides support to our European-based customers while specializing in the development of advanced space sensors for exploration missions as well as space-based communication technology. As our presence grows overseas, so does our need for new ambitious team players to help us advance our place in the Universe and beyond.
- Developing test SW & scripts
- Automating testing
- Developing and maintaining SW simulators
- Flight SW maintenance and development
- Capturing, deriving, and managing requirements
- Providing technical interface to customers and subcontractors
- Predicting & analyzing performance of a variety of systems
- Developing innovative solutions to engineering requirements
- Troubleshooting hardware and software for space missions
- Providing clear documentation
- University degree in a technical discipline with significant experience in programming
- Experience in Python
- Experience in C / C++
- Ability to solve complex challenges in a small team
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Enthusiastic about space exploration
- Experience of testing in a regulated environment
- Experience with optical sensors
- Experience with MATLAB
- Test specification, plan and procedure development
- Hands on experience Manufacturing, Assembly and Testing