For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for an FPGA Developer on our Satellite Systems team at our UK office in Didcot.
MDA’s international footprint in the UK creates opportunities to work with some of the most exciting space industrial players in the country. Delivering all three business area capabilities in Geointelligence, Robotics & Space Operations, and Satellite Systems, our UK team provides support to our European-based customers while specializing in the development of advanced space sensors for exploration missions as well as space-based communication technology. As our presence grows overseas, so does our need for new ambitious team players to help us advance our place in the Universe and beyond.
This role provides an opportunity to join the small and enthusiastic UK team developing equipment and sub-systems for multiple space missions. The successful candidate will be an FPGA Developer with experience (~5yrs+), ideally within the space industry.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers developing instruments and sensors
- Producing firmware design concepts based on inputs ranging from formal ICD & requirements to a wish list of desired functionality in a ‘blank sheet’ system
- Producing formal FW requirements where necessary
- HDL coding (VHDL and / or Verilog)
- Troubleshooting hardware and software for space missions
- Maintaining and extending legacy code on existing products
- Providing clear documentation
- University degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or similar)
- 5 years + experience within FPGA design (more experience is better)
- Strong skills in VHDL and / or Verilog coding
- Strong skills in simulation and test of FPGA code
- Ability to solve complex challenges in a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working within formal configuration control methods
- Knowledge of C and embedded C
- Knowledge of Xilinx Ultrascale and / or Microsemi RTG4 development
- Awareness of engineering standards (preferably ECSS)
We are a team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we can take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must be able to obtain and hold security clearance.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit programme including health and pension plans.
Equal opportunity statement:
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.