For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Program Manager at our UK office.
MDA (UK) is also willing to sponsor out of country candidates that suit the roles requirements.
MDA’s international footprint in the UK creates opportunities to work with some of the most exciting space industrial players in the country. Delivering all three business area capabilities in Geointelligence, Robotics & Space Operations, and Satellite Systems, our UK team provides support to our European-based customers while specializing in the development of advanced space sensors for exploration missions as well as space-based communication technology. As our presence grows overseas, so does our need for new ambitious team players to help us advance our place in the Universe and beyond. As a Project Manager in our team, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of a variety of projects ranging from LIDAR for commercial lunar missions, through to research projects with international space agencies.
- Program Manager
- Delivering a variety of projects on time and on budget to customer requirements
- Managing projects from bid through to execution
- Ensuring company quality processes are followed
- Liaise with customer to maintain effective relationships to instill and enhance the customer’s confidence in MDA’s quality systems and products
- Working with a dynamic team to produce innovative solutions
- Preparing documentation including proposals, project management plans, change notices
- Maintaining hands-on control of the program through a process of regular program reviews, design reviews and audits staff meetings and other program meetings
- Identifying and managing program risks and opportunities including prioritization, mitigation, escalation, and resolution
- Support to proposal and business development activities
- Experience managing technical projects
- Experience in design and development of space flight hardware and/or software
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Familiarity with project lifecycle from bid through execution and close down
- Familiarity with MS Project or other scheduling tools
- Enthusiastic about space exploration
- Ability to motivate people
- Ability to cope with significant workload peaks
- Self- motivated and able to take initiative
- University degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or equivalent
- Ability to travel as required
Skills considered an asset:
- Familiarity with formal configuration control methods
- Experience working on projects in the space industry
- Project management training/qualifications
- Familiarity with SharePoint
- Familiarity with optical sensors or communications payloads
- Familiarity with ECSS
We are a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you are excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we will take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Equal opportunity statement:
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.
Bachelors or better.