Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
R&D Engineering Manager
Context of the function:
The Junior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for implementing the space propulsion subsystem & thruster designs from the R&D Team. The Junior Mechanical Design Engineer assists the R&D Team in generating a full design package consisting of layouts, schematics, detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts lists, etc. suitable for subsequently production release.
Working independently or with the R&D Engineers, System Engineers and/or Production Engineers, the Junior Mechanical Design also generates dimensional and functional specifications for vendor supplied components. The position presents design results for review and substantiates soundness of design through discussion of assumptions, constraints and analyses used.
- Interact with project/R&D teams on:
- Discuss concepts and translate conceptual drawings in design drawings
- Create details part and product drawings 3D and 2D
- Realize designs according statements of work/ Engineering requests
- Realize BOM’s and other relevant project document
- Create the article numbers in the ERP system
- Create the ERP structure (if applicable)
- Add the project articles in the ADCL/ Dynamic BOM
- Prepare complex redesigns and repackaging of existing products through proper component and hardware sizing, selection, etc.
- Design (test) tooling and fixtures when required
- Select components, materials and processes
- Assure timely completion of assigned projects
- Coordinate with Production to develop effective production control configurations (kit structure, alternate parts, revision control, etc.)
• Perform engineering calculations related to sizing, performance, tolerance and assembly
• Assure accuracy of design through carefully checking of his own and work of others
• Archive and maintain archived drawings or relevant project documents
• 2-5 years related design experience
• Bachelor degree or equivalent by experience in Mechanical Design
• Experience with a 3D models software tool Pro-Engineer/CREO is preferred