We provide engineering and recruitment solutions to many blue chip clients across a range of sectors including Aerospace, Nuclear, Defence and Petro-Chemical.
Sitec has a very interesting contract requirement for a Mechanical Design Engineer with AutoCAD skills, proficient in both Model Space and Paper Space (minimum of 5 years recent experience).
Must have a background to enable UK Security Clearance to BPSS Level to be obtained.
- Provide cost / time-scale information and progress reporting.
- Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of single-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
- Able to manage a small team of Designers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Has taken part in Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally in HAZOP studies.
- Understands the requirements of CE marking.
- AutoCAD proficient in both Model Space and Paper Space (At least 5 years recent experience).
- Has good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has good knowledge/understanding of achievable manufacturing accuracy.
- Ideally, will have some ‘hands on’ experience.
- Good working knowledge of geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and associated standards.
Brief Person Specification
- HNC Minimum with 8 years relevant technical experience. Preferably, will have 5 years nuclear experience.
- Has a minimum of 5 years recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc