All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer (Pressure Vessels) to join our fast-paced, highly enthusiastic, and dedicated team in Queensland, Australia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop requirements and specifications for composite structures.
- Undertake design of composite structures (including pressurised structures).
- Plan and execute testing of composite structures.
- Grow structural and mechanical testing capability within the organisation.
- Support the mechanical department in design, test and integration of mechanisms and other hardware as required by the program.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers within the organisation.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree qualified in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience preferably in an industry that utilises composite technology.
- Previous experience in the design and manufacturing of composite components.
- Experience with CAD and FEA software (SolidWorks, Ansys).
- An understanding of sloshing and vortex phenomena and associated mitigation strategies.
- A proven history of building and tinkering with mechanical hardware either professionally or as a general interest.
- Excellent teamwork skills in a multi-disciplinary and diverse team.
- Exceptional time management, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- A can-do attitude and a commitment to lifelong learning
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.