AKKA is the European leader in engineering consulting and R&D services in the mobility segment. As an innovation accelerator for its clients, AKKA supports leading industry players in the automotive, aerospace, rail and life sciences sectors throughout the life cycle of their products with cutting edge digital technologies (AI, ADAS, IoT, Big Data, robotics, embedded computing, machine learning, etc.).
AKKA ranks as the European leader in engineering consulting and R&D services in the mobility sector. As an innovation accelerator for its clients, AKKA supports leading industry players in the automotive, telco & media, industrial, aerospace, rail and life-sciences sectors throughout the life cycle of their products with cutting edge digital technologies (AI, ADAS, IoT, Big Data, robotics, embedded computing, machine learning, etc.).
With a view of strengthening our team, we are looking for a:
The resource will be responsible of the following activities:
- To refer/report to the Project Engineering Mgr. and/or Unit Engineering Coordination Mgr. for all the matters relevant to the Mechanical Project.
- To participate to the induction of the engineering team to contract/project requirements
- To organize his own Mechanical engineering activities and provide integration with the engineering team
- To participate to the Weekly and Monthly meetings with Client, taking the necessary technical decisions relevant Mechanical engineering matters
- To issue and supervise, if any, the engineering deliverables and key engineering documents
- To ensure that Mechanical engineering activities are compliant with project milestones in order to alert the Project Management in case of variation by suggesting mitigation measures, if needed
- To ensure effective technical co-ordination with Project Management and Project Team.
- To contribute to Project reporting for the Mechanical engineering part (activities, quantities, budget, areas of concern, etc.)
- To participate to contract management by initiating, collecting and consolidating the variation requests and change orders relevant to Mechanical discipline.
- To participate to Risk management for the Mechanical engineering concerns.
The ideal candidate has the bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and experience working in a project environment in the Oil and Gas Industry. Good Knowledge of Oil & Gas Process Packages for Gas Treatment Plant is mandatory. Good Knowledge of Equipment such as: conditioning gas condensate stabilization equipment, (Condensate storage tank, Condensate pumps, etc…) is also required.
The candidate presents the following characteristics:
- Excellent written and spoken English language.
- National and international geographical mobility availability.
- Extensive international professional experience in general engineering practice and supervision of projects implementation, including external engineering subcontractors.
- Strong managerial and technical experience in multidisciplinary engineering (electrical, civil, I&C, mechanical), according to the most common international standard (ISO, BS, API, ASME, CEI, UNI, etc) and complying to ISO 9000 Total Quality Standard
- Supervision and management of Sub Contractors (Bidder) of engineering design, changes, identification and management of non-conformities.
- Attend to the periodic meetings with the Client and Bidders taking the necessary technical decisions in case of conflicts between disciplines.
- To ensure that the engineering activities are compliant with project milestones in order to alert the Project Management in case of variation by suggesting mitigation measures, if needed.
- To ensure effective technical co-ordination with Client’s Representatives and as such to participate to good communication with Client.
Founded in 1984, AKKA has a strong entrepreneurial culture and is pursuing fast-paced growth and international development in line with its strategic plan CLEAR 2022. The Group continues to recruit at a steady pace to support its strong business growth. As of 31 December 2019, the Group had 20.930 employees with an increase of + 5.8% in France, + 1.6% in Germany and +5.0 on an international level. Driven by its expertise in future mobility, digital and industry 4.0 technologies, the Group’s 2019 revenue rose by 20.8% to €1.801,5 million and has surpassed the €1.8B cap.