r Mechanical Engineer – Space Robotics (M/F) 2020-012-BE-SYS-RMS-ME Get Job Alerts Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth Observation.
The position is in the Systems Department, Robotics, Mechanisms & Structures (RMS) Team.
The candidates will mainly report to the RMS Team Lead.
The work assignation will initially relate to designing and manufacturing complex robotic components for space robotics applications (planetary and in space), in the scope of ESA and EC funded projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Amongst the candidates’ tasks and responsibilities:
- Analysing potential concepts and technologies for the mechanical components to be designed
- Performing mechanical simulations and structural, thermal and vibration analyses
- Carrying out design trade-offs with rapid prototyping approaches
- Carrying out end-to-end CAD modelling and preparing models for manufacturing
- Supporting end-to-end MAIT process for the designed components
- Generating the technical documentation required all along the process.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master or Doctorate degree in CAD engineering with at least 3 years of professional experience in space robotics applications
- Outstanding proficiency with CAD tools (e.g. Solidworks) and proven track record of complex mechanisms design
- Experience with MSC One software tools suite, more specifically Adams, Apex and Nastran
- Excellent understanding of materials, tolerances, supply chains and COTS procurement for space products
- Hands-on experience with integration of complex assemblies
- Proficiency with technical documents production
- Good knowledge of the space engineering life cycle, qualification processes and constraints, as well as relevant ESA ECSS standards.
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to:
- Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Work in distributed international teams
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
Please send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English).