OHB Italia is seeking for its MetOp Business Unit in Milano for immediate start a Mechanical Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate has worked on complex subsystems, with a background in mechanical and structural engineering and preferably has experience working on mechanism design, development and testing. Familiarity with dense mechanical systems requiring high accuracy is an asset.
- Definition of potential mechanical architectures and designs from high level specifications;
- Trade-offs for selection of the best mechanical candidate architecture and design;
- Responsible for the capability of the mechanical design to meet the technical requirements; define the technical solutions to be implemented in the design, from the concept definition to the detailed design;
- Break-down of the technical requirements to subsystems/equipment, generate technical specifications for subsystems/equipment;
- Define and implement the development and verification approach, establish the corresponding documents, i.e. design development & verification plans, test plans, design justification documents, interface control documents, verification control documents etc.
- Lead the mechanical design development;
- Lead and coordinate technical project tasks for the development of the mechanical design, with the objective to meet the technical requirements within the budget and schedule constraints defined by the Project Manager;
- Manage technical interfaces with customers, project partners, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Manage the predevelopments necessary to reach an adequate technology readiness level for mechanical
- Master degree in Aerospace Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or in a similar discipline;
- At least 7 years of experience in mechanical and structural engineering;
- At least 4 years of professional experience in mechanical/mechanism systems engineering;
- Familiarity with ECSS standards related to structures and to mechanisms design and verification for the space business would be an asset;
- Experience with carbon fiber/ aluminum composite honeycomb design / manufacturing techniques is beneficial;
- Experience and background in mechanisms and/or robotics is an asset;
- Good communication, cooperation and organization skills, willingness to take responsibility;
- Good analytical and system-oriented thinking;
- Awareness for costs and schedule;
Experience in one or more of the following areas is beneficial:
- Structural analysis (NASTRAN, MARC);
- Multibody analysis (ADAMS);
- Control system design (Matlab and Simulink);
- CAD modelling.
English: FLUENT (must be able to read and write complex technical documents and to discuss and negotiate with international partners, including English native speakers)
OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integration. It is part of a cluster of European enterprises operating in the aerospace business. Founded in 1981, with headquarters in Milan and excellence centres in Italy, the company employs more than 180 qualified engineers & physicists.
OHB Italia has consolidated expertise, resources and facilities tcarry out manufacturing, integration, qualification and flight certification, with a role of Prime Contractor in different fields of activities. Its success is due ta combination of technical expertise, innovative technologies and low cost solutions, which allow tgive customers easy access tspace. The company operates both on the institutional and commercial markets. Its main customers are space agencies, space authorities and large industrial groups.