Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services for communications and electronics device makers worldwide, accelerating product development, quality and innovation.
Within this role, you will contribute to the development of specifications for advanced automation systems and Hardware/Software architecture of Automated Test Equipment for High Technology devices.
- Your primary role will be focused to generate and specify HW and Automation components to meet the product’s test specifications;
- Your secondary role will be to develop PLC/PAC/Vision-based automation (HW/FW/SW) for test applications.
- Prepare the detailed specification of the Mechatronic design (Mechanical/Electrical), describe and justify the technical choices through simulations, models and test models;
- Define Electric schematics and BOMs;
- Take into account the constraints of EMC, as well as thermal, industrialization and manufacturing constraints;
- Identify routing constraints and monitor implementation of electrical industrial wiring;
- Follow the prototype development;
- Ensure that design can be developed with the support teams and perform validation testing (Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacturing);
- Support qualification tests and certification;
- Support the integration of hardware and software;
- Apply development processes.
- Degree: A bachelor’s degree in Mechatronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Experienced: Possess at least 5-10 years of design for Industrial electric engineering and mechanic/automation applications;
- Proficient: In-depth understanding of Industrial electric and Mechanical design, knowledge of electric/electronic components, thermal and electromagnetic compatibility, experience in schematic design. Experience in test station design and assembly. Intermediate knowledge in SolidWorks Electrical, SeeElectrical, AutoCad Electrical, E-Plan and/or Solidworks 2D/3D (Mechanical and electrical design);
- Multilingual: Fluent in English written & spoken (many of our customers are in the USA);
- Traveling: Must have the ability to obtain a valid passport and be willing to travel occasionally in the USA (period of 2-4 weeks at the time).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law.