MEDES is a hybrid organization between space and health. The activities focus on space physiology and medicine, clinical research and dual innovations for space and health.
MEDES, located in Toulouse, is a hybrid organization between space and health, an Economic Group of Interest, which was created in 1989 by the French Space Agency, CNES and Toulouse University Hospitals, its two main members. The other members include other French Universities and Hospitals. The activities focus on space physiology and medicine, clinical research and dual innovations for space and health. In particular, MEDES provides support to space agencies, for human spaceflights, with expertise and operational support for operational space medicine or crew support. As part of these activities, MEDES contributes to an integrated team at the European Astronaut Centre (EAC) in Cologne, Germany.
The selected candidate will be part of this integrated team at EAC.
ESA-EAC, Cologne, Germany
Description / Duties
Reporting directly to the Head of HRE Project Control Team, but working closely with the Project Controllers at the European Astronaut Centre (EAC), the holder of the post will be assigned to the International Space Station (ISS) related Projects. For the Project(s) assigned to him/her, the new team member will perform a wide range of Project Control tasks, with an initial emphasis on the following activities:
- Prepare, develop and maintain the overall Cost at Completion (CAC), financial planning and associated reporting activities;
- Bring together information on schedule, costs and risks in order to provide an integrated view of the programmatic status;
- Plan, review and check the ESA internal and industrial expenditures including recharges, support services and purchases for consistency;
- Prepare and maintain schedule(s);
- Support the Risk management process;Coordinate the Financial, Accounting and Fixed Asset Management activities, and conduct their daily business in a manner that is IPSAS-compliant;Support the preparation of the contractual documentation, participate in the evaluation and negotiation of Contracts or Contract Change Notices up to the award; and
- Participate in the financial closure of contracts once the activities are finalised.
Expertise in contracts management as well as in the use of modern schedule software tools (MS Project or Primavera) will be considered as an asset.
- Because of the nature of the work, the post holder will also need to show:
- Proactivity, good communication skills with attention to details;
- Ability to interact effectively with people from different cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Capability to present complex information in a concise and clear manner; and
- Capability to work effectively as part of a team but, at the same time, be able to work autonomously.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) (mandatory)
The job will require substantial interaction with other key stakeholders inside ESA (e.g. Corporate Finance or Procurement Services), and also outside of the Agency (e.g. External Audit Commission, Major Industrial consortia or International Partner Organisations).
Type of contract