Job Description Summary
We are looking for motivated individuals who enjoy solving complex problems, who are passionate about controls engineering, validation, and verification of system requirements and who are eager to continue learning. In this role, you will use your experience executing requirements validation and verification and control design that will translate into software improvements. You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to develop and test control related software and diagnostics systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Control Systems Lead Engineer is responsible for:
– Define, develop, test, and certify software requirements related to control and on wing testing.
– Maintain direct communication with multiple teams in Mexico, US and global teams.
– Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal and external GE customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data.
– Involved in field support and support to other disciplines.
– Prepare and present the solution material during the technical reviews.
– Coach and mentor others in the analysis, design, test and/or integration required to define and support the implementation and validation of software requirements that meet business needs.
– Assure proper documentation of technical data generated to substantiate design decisions.
– Review self and other person’s deliverable and provide status of the team to key stakeholders.
– Define technical schedule cost and/or program requirements.
– Conduct assessments and develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems.
– Support team’s technical proficiency and growth.
Requirements and Qualifications
– Bachelor’s Degree in: Electronic, Control or Mechatronic engineering, Mechanical engineering (with proven programming skills)
– Solid contribution in current role or previous position
– Proven experience defining, developing and testing requirements for aircraft software.
– Advanced programming skills in: C, C++, Python, Perl, MATLAB, and model-based environments such as SCADE or SIMULINK.
– Demonstrated skills to quickly learn new programming languages and technologies
– Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership experience
– Demonstrated ability in managing projects across functions
– Capable of coaching others to accomplish assignments
– Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
– Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
– Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and objectives
– Disciplined, self-driven, can work independently without supervision; shows initiative and is proactive.
– Knowledge on aircraft engines performance and operational parameters
– Experience on Unix, Shell, and Cygwin
– Advanced knowledge of software development processes and DO178 C & B.
– Experience in prototyping analytic solutions for complex problems
– Experience in aircraft controls & diagnostics systems
– Experience in RTOS, VHDL (FPGAs).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No