ESA is leading a program of transformation of its Headquarters centered on three pillars:
- Physical workspace: With the renovation of HQ building, ESA has the ambition to offer a secure, safe and healthy working environment, to optimize well-being and working efficiency, whilst respecting the needs of employees in terms of workspaces, meeting rooms, video conference studios, as well as restaurant, cafeteria and social facilities.
- Digital and smart services ESA has also the ambition to offer their employees and visitors the digital services that will enable them to work efficiently in the new working environment, a mix of open shared spaces and collaborative spaces, meeting and conference rooms.
- Ways of working In support to this new working environment, ESA will design new ways of working, such as wider teleworking framework, internal and external mobility, availing of efficient and state-of-the art digital services.
The implementation of the ESA HQ Project is composed of a number of WP’s involving representatives from several directorates and departments (contract, finance, communication, legal, FM, IT), of which the implementation of the IT Infrastructure & Digital Services is Work Package WP700. The WP700 has been further broken down in sub workpackages, and a WP lead is assigned to each sub WP and responsible for delivering the WP outputs and outcomes.
As an experienced Project Support officer you will be responsible to ensure reporting and coordination between the different IT work-packages and to provide IT Engineering and expertise, communication, adoption and project Support services during the detailed design and the implementation phase of the ESAHQ project. The service will cover for the following responsibilities:
- Reporting to WP700 manager;
- Supporting the project execution in each of its phases;
- Providing technical expertise relative to the 3 pillars of the project (physical workplace, Digital and smart services and New ways of working).
- Definition/collection of IT technical and service requirements for HQ project;
- Organizing & leading progress meetings (with other sub WP700 leads);
- Coordination IT activities (sub WP700 leads, IT supplier, promotor);
- Coordinating POC and pilot phases;
- Technical Interactions with IT experts & IT service leads;
- In charge of handing over to operation & service (bringing in line the solution)
- In charge of ensuring proper communication with the stakeholders of the project (mainly ESAHQ representatives from the directorates e.g. DG services, FM department, etc.).
The main technologies covered by the Work Package are:
- MS Office 365 (all modules) ü
- Esait infrastructure components (WAN, LAN, WLAN, Internet, Video conferencing)
- Esait workplace services (DNS, DHCP, File service, print server)
- Esait service catalog (AD05)
- Esait security directives (AD03)
- GSM Indoor infrastructure
- Esait applications (CIFM/Archibus, Visitor system, PUMA, IAM)
- Service components (cabling – optical / cooper, computer room infrastructure, Wiring centers infrastructure, switches, routers, etc.)
Next to having strong communicative skills, a successful candidate is (as the service itself) skilled in the following three pillars (minimum requirements):
- Excellent verbal and written communications in English and French
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent effort estimation capabilities, even based on minimum expressed requirements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Thorough familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and project scheduling computer applications
- For the service Manager: Ability to work effectively as a manager, within a team and independently,
- the MS Office 365 ecosystem functionalities:
- a WAN, LAN, WLAN, Internet infrastructure
- a workplace infrastructure (DNS/DHCP, print server, file server)
- a security infrastructure (firewall, etc.)
- a GSM indoor infrastructure
- Video conferencing equipment’s and software (e.g. CISCO, Polycom, WebEx, Teams/Skype
- Experience in the area of adoption management
- Knowledgeable about ESA’s environment
- Ability to engage people and clearly articulate messages and contents