Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
Do you have experience with providing hands-on technical expertise in satellite-connected networking solutions? Are you fascinated by space and want to work in an exciting and challenging environment? If so, then this role is for you!
We are currently recruiting for a Global Government Solutions Engineer on behalf of a leading Satellite communications company based in Sydney.
- Satellite solution hardware component configuration development, installation, commissioning and maintenance, including dependant G2 Internal systems and customer-facing networks.
- Support and maintenance of G2 Solutions airtime systems (Legacy TC Comms DP and G2 VAR networks and applications).
- Support and maintenance of G2 Solutions internal network infrastructure (APN & SVN routers, firewalls, servers, SaaS systems and restricted/classified networks).
- Conducting diagnosis, either physically or remotely, of issues being experienced by end-users with end-to-end solutions to isolate the identified cause of the incident and implement corrective maintenance strategy as agreed with the end-user to return the system to service.
- Working with peer team members and line management to assist in incident analysis and underlying problem identification for escalation to solution architects or appropriate external teams.
- Must be formally trade qualified in Electronics or Electrotechnology or equivalent tertiary industry qualification, with satellite communications industry experience
- Must have experience in IT (server and workstation deployment and maintenance), satellite communications technologies, IP networking and a working knowledge of Microsoft, Linux operating systems
- Must be capable of developing and applying configurations to IP networking hardware such as routers, firewalls and managed switches to allow a solution to function as designed to meet customer needs
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical presentations and reports to both internal and external clients on solutions performance against defined metrics as well as network events or outages
- Must be competent with the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Microsoft Visio