Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
1. CONTEXT/INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVES
The services to be provided by a Technology Expert 5 are in the context of the rewriting of the forecast Data management System which supports the teams of economists in DG ECFIN as well as other technical tasks related to ECFIN fiscal governance applications.
2. DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The tasks that are to be performed include:
- Creation in Python of transformation and validations rules that process and validate the statistical data used for the Commission macro-economic forecast. In this context, libraries and functions to simplify this process are to be created. The architecture using best practices commonly adopted by the community of python developers is to be defined and applied. It should promote in particular (but not only) a clear separation of data and metadata from programs
- Integration of the scripts written in Python into the FDMS+ engine. Technical documentation and guidance will be provided for this task.
- Other following tasks include the generation of reports, management of a data repository.
- Back-end development of Web applications
- Promote, develop and implement test automation and build automation.
- Write technical documentation.
- Use of Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket as supporting tools
3. WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS
- The tasks will be executed solely within the Commission’s premises (Time and Means).
4. OTHER PRECISIONS
- The candidate should have a sound knowledge and working experience in Python. Knowledge and experience with the Numpy and Pandas library will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of web technologies is an advantage: back-end development with Node.js and relational databases.
- The candidate should be open and able to learn quickly new IT languages or frameworks.
- The candidate should have the ability to work in team and to respect the rules and procedures, ability to write clear well documented code.
- The CITnet studio (Atlassian Confluence, JIRA and Subversion/Git) is the toolset to support project development.
- The candidate should have the ability to speak in French or English (at least level B2 in one of the two languages)
- Monthly timesheet (to be addressed to the team coordinator).
- Progress reports: Progress on the different tasks will be assessed by the official in charge of the projects. This assessment could take various forms like an assessment via a corporate tool, e.g. Jira, or a progress report on a three months basis could be asked.
- Final report: If the progress on the different tasks could not be satisfactorily assessed during the contract, a final report could be asked to be submitted with the last invoice, including a description of the work carried out and the results obtained during the execution of the specific contract.