We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Database Administrator based in Germany.
This is a great opportunity to work within the aerospace industry.
Description of main tasks:
- Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all servers, equipment, and software related to the database (Oracle MySQL and MS SQL 2008 Servers and future versions) infrastructure and associated components;
- Work with IT Project Managers, Business Analysts and IT Architects and the team to evaluate, design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the database environment a more effective solution;
- Document the technical implementation, policies and procedures to support the operational environment and participate in the design and ongoing refinement of technical implementation documentation, procedures and policies;
- Examine requirements documents and support creation of technical design documents, unit test, system test and capacity and implementation plans for small to complex projects;
- Perform, in close collaboration with the team, typical system administrative activities including daily performance monitoring, routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance, updating, controlling access permissions and privileges or issue troubleshooting and resolution;
- Ensure compliance with standard practices, processes and enterprise standards;
- RDBMS case follow up and resolution in collaboration with supplier support teams;
- Support developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans of the servers, server functions and data;
- Second level and standby support;
- Contribute to the design and development of complex databases, data warehouse and/or datamarts to support business application in web-based or client server environments. Provide design of database schemas, data access, database management programs and other database applications;
- Develop supporting application and process documentation for client and internal application conforming to departments design methodology. Automate and deploy databases in a production environment;
- Design and development of stored procedures, triggers, processes and functions, optimization of queries, database performance tuning, backups, replication, and capacity management are also key responsibilities;
- Perform necessary analysis, including complete development of functional specifications; provide time/cost quotations on complex database development work.
- At minimum Bachelor.
- Strong knowledge of *NIX and Windows operating systems;
- Hands on experience in IT operation with strong understanding of data management, database structures, theories, principles, and practices;
- Experience with SAN storage systems;
- Expert knowledge of RMAN backups;
- Expertise in backup/recovery/fail-over methods and best practices;
- Expert proficiency with MS SQL, Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting services OR expert proficiency with Oracle Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting services;
- Proficiency with MySQL;
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments;
- Minimum 4 years (Standard level) or minimum 7 years (Senior level) of professional experience as in a role as a Database Administrator.
- English at level B2 or equivalent.
General competencies and skills:
- Technical documentation skills;
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment;
- Rapid self-starting capability and team player;
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills combined with a disciplined approach to problem solving;
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Integrity & Professionalism.