We currently have an exciting opportunity for a IT Infrastructure & Network Expert based in Germany.
This is a great opportunity to work within the aerospace industry.
Description of main tasks (non-exhaustive):
- Analyse and estimate project tasks (workload, duration, complexities, breakdown, etc.) and provide technical expertise on IT infrastructure and/or network set-up, expansion or refactoring;
- Provide technical feasibility assessments and scenario analysis, based on business analysis/requirements, use cases and technical standards;
- Design and prototype infrastructure & network components (on premise or cloud based);
- Produce technical specifications or blueprints, in compliance with business requirements & Client’s IT architecture guidelines/standards;
- Implement (Set-up and configure) infrastructure & network components in compliance with Client’s IT development & security standards (e.g. SSDLC – Secure Software Development Lifecycle);
- Configure and/or develop complete infrastructure or network components in accordance with specifications and technical best practices;
- Write and perform appropriate unit, integration and/or regression tests;
- Support UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and provide bug fixes;
- Produce architectural & technical administration documentation;
- Integrate software components or applications in various environments (validation, staging, production, on premise or hosted, internal or with external systems, etc.);
- Perform technical quality reviews or assessments on infrastructure and/or at network level;
- Provide support and expertise to other teams and perform root-cause analysis;
- Set-up and configure infrastructure components and environments (e.g. development & quality/UAT test environments, on premise or hosted in external cloud environments), including release management processes, in accordance with specifications and technical best practices;
- Perform tuning to achieve optimal system performance and capacity;
- Provide detailed status/progress/issue reports to the project manager (scope, time).
- At minimum Bachelor.
- Strong expertise in server and storage hardware and technologies;
- Strong expertise in operating Windows systems administration (On premise and Cloud environments);
- Strong expertise in virtualized environments (VMware);
- Strong expertise in server applications integration and maintenance;
- Strong expertise in scripting;
- Strong expertise in software deployment packaging solutions;
- Experience with SCCM, SCOM;
- Experience in an environment using SAN storage technology.
- Knowledge of set-up of cloud and hybrid cloud environments (IaaS/PaaS);
Minimum 4 years (Standard level) or minimum 7 years (Senior level) of professional experience as an IT expert in the IT infrastructure and/or network domain, such as:
- System Administrator;
- System integrator;
- Hybrid-Cloud infrastructure administration expert;
- IaaS/PaaS configuration expert;
- Data center configuration expert;
- Network expert;
- IT security infrastructure expert;
- Storage expert;
- English at level B2 or equivalent.
Other competences and skills (Desirable):
- Problem identification and solving skills: ability to constructively challenge assumptions, identify key issues and escalate as appropriate;
- Experience in multicultural organizations;
- Respect for Diversity;
- Well planned and organized;
- Results and quality oriented;
- Good communication skills;
- Team Player;
- Integrity & Professionalism.