We are recruiting for a Contract/Freelance Linux System Administrator to work onsite & remotely for a leading Aerospace European Institution.
- Plan for future expansion requirements in collaboration with Service Manager and Data and IT architect;
- Collaborate with IT assurance and performance officer to analyse and sustain capacity and performance requirements;
- Management of COTS and in-house developed (bespoke) software solutions
- Administer virtualization and storage infrastructure
Areas of expertise:
- Experience with VMware technology products
- Experience with SAN infrastructure and storage management;
- Strong professional experience of Linux operating systems and the management aspect of them such as: Patching, Automation, Security/Hardening.
- VMware vSphere virtualization infrastructure. Administration of vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, etc.
- Proven experience with Linux OS (RedHat/CentOS is preferred)
- Linux script based automation: Bash, Expect
- SAN architecture, CISCO and/or BROCADE FC Zoning
- EMC2 and/or NetApp storage infrastructure
Optional (will be considered as advantage):
- Symantec SEP for AV processing
- Integrations to Microsoft SCCM (for inventory) and SCOM (for monitoring)
- Programing skills: c/c++, perl, php