Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
Our Client is a leading IT services provider to major institutions within the Space and Satellite sector.
We currently have 2 oppourtinities for Junior Data Centre operators based onsite in Darmstadt within a fully English speaking environment. Relocation assistance is provided and this would suit candidates looking to expand their career experience after 12-18 months experience within the sector.
A number of services are required to support the stable Operation of the Data Centre. They include the monitoring and operating of the Data Centre systems to ensure our clients data and products are stored into its Archive, product reprocessing and the routine generation of CDRs, as well as the successful end to end processing of user orders for archived data. Unexpected events that should occur during processing are required to be promptly recorded in an anomaly tracking system to request engineering support in their analysis and resolution. In addition to this, user enquiries received by the User Helpdesk related to Data Centre services need to be dealt with.
You are needed to perform the following activities related to the routine monitoring and operating of the Data Centre systems:
- Monitoring and controlling the Archive Ingestion and Ordering Systems, and reaction to service disruptions and anomalies in accordance with established procedures;
- Interfacing with 1st and 2nd level support to ensure anomalies are resolved;
- Ensuring optimum exploitation of the functions of the archive and identifying any functional deficiencies based on operational experiences;
- Providing front-line help to users ordering data and providing product ordering information such as formats available and order delivery methods;
- Efficiently managing orders received via the online ordering system by ensuring they are processed promptly;
- Maintaining the physical archive; insertion of pre-mounted media or requested media, and removal of media with no more storage capacity;
- Handling Data Centre Archive media and ensuring they are securely delivered and retrieved to/from offsite storage;
- Stock keeping of consumables;
- Packaging and dispatching of media orders to the end user;
- Creating and producing movies of satellite imagery for outreach and training purposes;
- Creating and producing posters and prints for internal and external customers;
- Generate documents and documentation updates to support routine operational activities, including the recording of working practices, raising and maintaining Anomaly Reports and Trouble Tickets;
- Preparing and generating routine reports on a regular basis covering all aspects of Data Centre routine operations;
- Reporting Data Centre activities in operational briefings.
Fulfilling/recording customer interactions including:
- Conducting all communication with customers via the User Helpdesk in accordance with the relevant service level agreements;
- Assigning ordering privileges such as product types access to new users;
- Ensuring all customer enquiries / orders are processed;
- Conducting ordering on behalf of special users or use cases, e.g. Satellite Image Viewer
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- working in operation of computer systems, preferably in an operational or real-time environment
- running under both Windows and UNIX operating systems;
- working with ticketing systems;
- working within a team;
- using MS Office, including familiarity with the use of MS Word, MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Outlook;
- fluency in both spoken and written English