Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
Our client is seeking an experienced engineer to join our ESTRACK Engineering Service team, based at the European Spacecraft Operations Centre (ESOC), in Darmstadt, Germany. ESTRACK is the ESA Tracking Network of global ground stations, comprising a wide array of antenna types, i.e. for deep-space and LEO satellite communications. The facilities within ESTRACK require operations engineering services as provided by Station Maintenance and Operations Engineers (SMOE) who are assigned to a ground station facility asset. Station Maintenance and Operations Engineers are responsible for providing engineering services required for their assigned facility asset for preparing and maintaining associated antenna facilities during preparation of new support to mission and execution (flying) phase.
- Supporting the RFCT process by:
- Reviewing the Compatibility Verification Matrix, Test Procedures and test results
- Defining and executing the Radio Frequency Compatibility Test plan and production of the Test Report
- supporting the ESTRACK NDIU Engineering Service including:
- Maintain a plan of usage of the available NDIU (Network Data Interface Unit)
- Support the procurement of the NDIU
- Configure and validate the NDIU
- Support the NDIU operations
Additional tasks could be required, including:
- Maintenance of the Station configuration
- Supporting the station upgrade processes from the review of requirements, to the validation and handover to operations
- This service will be primarily be provided in support of ESTRACK ground stations.
- Telecommunication Engineering knowledge, (i.e. RF expertise) including practical experience as RF engineer in ground-station
- Ground-Station knowledge (i.e. architecture, subsystem maintenance and operations, incident management, station performance).
- Configuration control expertise (i.e. knowledge and experience in configuration management )
- Expertise on production of technical reports reflecting the performed tests and the associated results
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics.
- Telecommunication Engineering knowledge, (i.e. RF expertise) including practical experience as RF engineer in ground-station 2-3 years minimum experience.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace