SMALL IN NAME BIG IN STATURE
- Operate on a 24/7 shift basis all or part of the mission control system, which includes parts of the ground segment as well as the space segment;
- Assist in configuring and testing the operating system to support the operations;
- In case of ground or space segment anomaly take corrective action as necessary, applying the contingency/emergency procedures approved for the mission to ensure spacecraft safety and the continuity of service provision to users;
- Participate in other operations-related activities (small system development, procedures development or maintenance etc.) upon request of the Team.
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- Experience working with computer systems and PC literacy is required.
- Adaptable, self-disciplined and able to work in a calm and correct manner under conditions of stress.
- The position requires working a shift rotation; candidates must be able to fit in well within a small operations team.
- The candidates should have a solid background in a technical environment
- Ex-military personnel should have completed a service College apprenticeship in electronics/telecommunications, and possess a background in Avionics, Air Defence, Air Radar or Communications or in any relevant area.
Or Candidate should preferably have a degree at BSc level in a relevant subject such as IT, Telecommunications, Physics or Aerospace engineering etc.