Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
This Spacecraft Operations Engineering position will mainly support the EARTHCARE mission, but may support other mission across Earth Observation. The primary areas will be, but not limited to, Spacecraft System and Subsystems and activities applicable to spacecraft operations.
The general activities to be supported are (depending on the phase of the mission):
- Maintaining subsystems, including specific tools and ICDs.
- Support EC FOS Systems development and testing (SIM validation & migration testing)
- Preparation of SVTs (elaboration of Test Cases, supporting management, testing, validation & close out)
- Documentation review
- Project support & interact in technical discussions.
- Support Advanced Alarm Management system
- Interacting across ESA (across all levels)
- Spacecraft subsystem knowledge (e.g. AOCS/DH/OBSM/Power/Thermal/TTC/Payload).
- Experience in activities applicable to spacecraft operations.
- Experience in Mission Data Systems & Mission Control Systems and Simulators.
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment (desirable, but not essential).
- Familiarity with satellite control systems (e.g. SCOS-2000)
- Some experience dealing with external interfaces
- Familiarity with operational simulators (e.g. SIMSAT)
- Familiarity with some IT background in order to explore improvement of operational tools would be desirable (i.e knowledge of programming languages like C++, Phyton, Java scripts, etc)
- Experience in programming in Python and SW Engineering practices and technology (SQL/NoSQL DB, Angular, Django, Docker, GITLAB, webservices, etc.).
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace