Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
Are you an experienced AOCS engineer? Are you currently looking for a new and exciting opportunity and are fascinated by space? If so, then look no further!
We are currently recruiting for an AOCS engineer on behalf of a leading Space and Satellite company.
Tasks that you will carry out:
- Support to the ESTEC AOCS/GNC Sensors Unit for the development and
procurement of sensors and actuators
- The Sensors Unit oversees gyroscopes, accelerometers, star
trackers, APS detectors for star trackers, sun sensors, magnetic sensors
and actuators, and bespoke GNC sensors such as navigation cameras,
- 3D cameras or Lidars for GNC.
- The post holder will have access to the Sensors Lab, where technologies
can be independently characterised.
- The post holder shall provide regular Technical Reporting of the
- Hardware Development as well as contribute to the preparation and
execution of project and technology studies reviews.
- Engineering Degree in Control, Electronics or Mechatronics
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of AOCS systems in different project phases.
- HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators).
- AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level.
- Proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
- Ability to interface with industry.
- Familiar with the general development process for hardware space equipment (key reviews, model philosophy).
- Background in optical sensors for AOCS/GNC, for instance, Star Trackers.
- Knowledge in Software development and/or optics would be an asset.