Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
The Mission Desk Assistant shall carry out a variety of administrative and financial tasks as part of a Mission Desk service in the Financial Operations Division at ESTEC, such as:
- Receiving mission claims and checking supporting vouchers and invoices;
- Calculating the settlement of the mission based on the rules of the agency;
- Entering the settlement data into the customer’s database;
- Filing the vouchers, invoices and other supporting documentation;
- Receiving and checking invoices from travel agent and car hire and entering the data into the customer’s database;
- Corporate credit card execution and ticket discrepancies reconciliation;
- Ticket error list rectification and statistical projection;
- Payment list proposals checking and execution;
- Uploading invoices and credit notes in SAP;
- Rectification of SAP-posting error log;
- Providing staff with information about the ESA rules on missions, as well as with explanations concerning settled travel claims;
- Creation of statistics and reports as requested;
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by the Service Manager.
The ideal candidate should bring a completed Secondary Education and certification on SAP; at least 3 years of experience within a similar international role and the following:
- Proficiency in English both oral and written is essential (Dutch or English mother-tongue is not mandatory); knowledge of another member state language is an asset;
- High level of flexibility;
- Highly proficient in SAP, MS office, Lotus Notes and other computer software;
- Ability to acquire proficiency with new software used by the agency;
- Good organisation skills, good communication skills;
- Ability to cope with pressure and work in a team;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the team and with the outside world.