SMALL IN NAME BIG IN STATURE
An exciting opportunity to work for one of Europe’s top space & satellite companies who are looking for career driven engineers to join their team.
The engineer will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division, in the function of on-board software system engineer, and will be in charge of the following (initial) tasks:
- Supporting a variety of ESA space missions in the field of real-time embedded software and systems;
- Participating in the full development lifecycle of the mission and on-board software;
- Identifying technical risks and critical areas in the development process while assisting in their resolution;
- Applying the principles of mission & safety critical software development across multiple disciplines;
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to general studies in the field of real-time embedded software systems, flight software systems development and software validation facilities focused on both simulated environments and hardware in the loop.
- Master degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline.
In particular, at least 4 years of experience with:
- Modern software engineering methods and tools;
- Real-time embedded software and Real Time Kernels;
- Software development projects and knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle;
- Programming languages: C, Ada, C++ and/or others;
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc;
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN);
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C.
- Knowledge of spacecraft systems would be an advantage.