SMALL IN NAME BIG IN STATURE
Are you fascinated by space? Do you have experience in ground station system design, integration and testing? If so our client, a global satellite communications company with offices based in London are looking for a Front End Developer to join their team. This position offers a lucrative salary, bonus, remote working and other benefits!
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience in ground station system design, integration and test from equipment level through to station level
- Solid experience in RF design, support and verification testing with particular emphasis on radio systems including antennas and monitor and control systems
- Track record of earth station architecture, facilities licensing and operations
- Expert with RF communication technology, systems and equipment, such as antenna systems (mainly Cassegrain; tracking antennas), high and low noise amplifiers, frequency converters, analogue-to-digital/digital-to-analogue converter, modem, etc.
- Solid understanding of analogue and digital communications.
- Communication system and link analysis including budgets (link, transmission etc)
- Commercial experience in the analysis of supplier data and presentation of performance (G/T, EIRP, linearity etc)
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in the testing of communications equipment, earth station systems and antennas.
- Previous earth station, antennas measurement and testing experience will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in preparing business cases and SoW’s for various RFS bids as well as capable to support senior management and procurement team with balanced technical-corporate feedback.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of satellite and antenna design, assembly integration & test
- Have the ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Objective, rational and multidisciplinary thinking
- Flexibility to relocate place of work potentially across different continents
- Demonstrated ability to be able to influence contractors staff and achieve success in situations via coherent discussion and persuasion for situations where a contractual mandate is not in place
- A high degree of integrity
- Membership of professional institutions (IEEE, IET etc)