AEROSPACE, SPACE & SATELLITE | IT & DIGITAL RECRUITMENT
Are you a Senior Sytems Engineer who has experience within the space industry? Do you want to work on roles that are out of this world (Like literally out of this world)?
If so our client, a global satellite communications company with offices based in London are looking for a Senior Sytems Engineer to join their team. This position offers a lucrative salary, bonus, remote working and other benefits!
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree-qualified in a relevant discipline (post-graduate qualification preferred)
- Good knowledge of satellite communications principles (e.g. link budgets, fundamental satellite characteristics, etc.).
- Commercial experience in a telecommunications-related field, ideally gained in an operational environment
- Basic Unix/Linux operating system familiarity at command-line level (e.g. to run commands, check disk and memory status, etc.)
- Be able to prioritise and manage multiple, overlapping tasks.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience with safety-related systems (MSDS, Classic Aero, SB)
- Be familiar with Linux server applications (e.g. Apache, MySQL, Postgres, ActiveMQ)
- Experience in networking (CCNA) (basic troubleshooting and performance monitoring)
- Experience in Linux shell scripting (ability to create simple, ad hoc scripts)
- Familiarity with SQL database configuration, administration and maintenance