Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
As the Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer in the Space Segment Section at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the management of activities devoted to the development of satellite payload technology and products under the responsibility of the Payload Technology Section including:
- Initiating, monitoring and controlling space segment technology and product development activities for satellite communications under the ARTES Core Competitiveness (CC) and other ARTES programme lines, with a focus on digital communication technologies.
- Liaising with the Procurement Department, the Strategic Programme Line Managers and other relevant Departments of ESA as necessary to fulfil this role.
- Supporting activities of the Ground Segment Section and the creation and implementation of ARTES partnership projects;
- Reporting regularly on the progress, status, schedule and outcome of ARTES activities, including realistic forecasting of milestone completion dates;
- Identifying and defining product and technology needs for future satellite communication services, in particular for digital communication technology and products;
- Supporting the promotion of the ARTES 4.0 programme and the ARTES socio-economic impact analysis;
- Coordinating the provision of expert technical support from other ESA organisational units (e.g. TEC) as required to ensure an effective initiation and management of activities.
Masters degree in relevant field and relevant experience in the following areas
- Experience in managing technology development activities carried out by industry for commercial satellite communication;
- Knowledge of ESA and industrial development, verification and procurement processes;
- Knowledge of satellite communication system architectures, products and market;
- Experience in the specification, design, development and testing of at least one of the following: digital signal processors, communication modems, digital and/or mixed-signal ASICs, software-defined radios, RF equipment, active antennas, optical communication technology.
- Applicants should also demonstrate strong negotiation skills and contract/subcontract management experience.
- Experience in space segment technology and equipment as well as subsystem design and development is required.
- Experience in the satellite telecommunication industry would be a distinct advantage.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace