Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
We are currently recruiting for a Data Communications Network Engineer on behalf of a leading SATCOMS company. The Engineer will complement the current team to support preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and management of the life cycle of the equipment, maintaining the correct software release as agreed and verified with TN Service Engineering. Moreover, the Engineer is required to monitor activities of the Data Communications Network (DCN) and other network duties.
Key responsibilities of the position:
- Provide second level support for Transport Network (TN) activities and participate in test and maintaining the operational documents up to date.
- Provide TN expertise in the enhancement of operational systems.
- Ensure all network devices that are under the group are pro-actively monitored.
- As part of the team support in the daily monitoring of DCN and investigation of any issues to a conclusion
- Provide support on DCN related issues to the real-time Operations in the NOC and NCC, SAS sites, DPs and third parties and escalate to Service Engineering when required
- Be part of the team that provides on-call support for the DCN
- Network / System Troubleshooting as required
- Ticket monitoring and regular, appropriate, updates
- Ownership of the assigned tasks
- Other general duties as required
- The post will require some travel to our clients’ remote offices, and work outside the normal working hours to complete activity in the system maintenance windows.
Essential Knowledge and skills:
- University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science / Data Communications.
- Hold a minimum certification of Juniper JNCIS or CISCO CCNP or Palo Alto PCCSA or equivalent practical experience and expertise above this level obtained in a network security-related role.
- Experience in working in a network environment configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting routers, switches, firewalls, servers and monitoring devices.
- Proven experience in implementing and monitoring Secure Networks
- Have good knowledge of Palo Alto, Panorama, Cisco ASA and FTD Firewalls with exposure to context and dynamic routing protocols.
- Proven experience in routing technologies – OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPN technologies, QOS and VRF’s (min. CCNP level skills)
- A proven expert in configuring network switches, with experience of VLANs, RSTP, etc.
- Experienced in configuring network monitoring tools like Stable Net, Solarwinds, IPERF, PerfSonar, Cisco IP SLA, AlgoSec, Qradar would be advantageous
- Generally proficient in Windows and Linux / Solaris computer systems to systems administrator-level with scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of ancillary network tools like cisco ISE, Radius, DNS and other monitoring/troubleshooting tools like Wireshark would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Ticketing systems (ServiceNow advantageous)
- Fluent with Microsoft Office components especially Visio