Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
Are you currently looking for a new and exciting opportunity within a fast-paced environment? Do you have experience in leading and developing reusable data patterns? If so, this role could be for you!
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Analytics Engineer on behalf of one of the UK’s leading Space and Satellite companies who are based in London.
- Lead and develop reusable data patterns and implement data pipelines following those patterns
- Work with other software engineers, data analysts, data scientists, and decision-makers, such as product owners, to build solutions and generate insights
- Share your technical knowledge, guide others, mentor more junior Data Engineers
- Define the strategy for ingestion, transformation, and presentation of data
- Ensure the quality of transformed data is in line with stakeholder expectations and that any underlying source issues are reported.
- Development of the data platform including support and monitoring
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of current and emerging technologies that will support the team in delivering quality solutions
- Work in cross-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development
- Contribute to improved ways of working and standards for the entire Data Engineering team
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience ingesting and transforming large volumes of data
- Experience applying business logic to data in line with business requirements
- Ability to autonomously solve business problems using data, ensuring that solutions are aligned with team and wider data strategy
- Knowledge and experience of a range of reconciliation and data quality testing techniques – both manual and automated.
- Knowledge and experience of using Google Cloud – Big Query, Composer, DataProc, and Dataflow
- Experience using Data Build Tool (DBT) or equivalent
- Expert level SQL and Python. Experience in some of the following technologies would also be an advantage – Spark, Spark SQL, Kafka, Unix shell scripting, Java
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery using Google Cloud Builder
- Experience with source code control tools such as Git
- Experience mapping data lineage using tools such as Solidatus
- Agile Experience using Scrum or Kanban
- Knowledge of Tableau and Alteryx or similar tools