Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
Are you an experienced Network Engineer who has experience in Network/Systems troubleshooting? Are you currently looking for a new opportunity where you can further your career whilst working in a challenging and exciting working environment? Then look no further!
- Provide third-level support for Transport Network (TN) activities and participate in producing and reviewing design, test and operational documents
- Provide TN expertise in the enhancement of operational systems within the company.
- Within the team take responsibility for the design and operations of the monitoring tools deployed
- Ensure all network devices that are under the group are pro-actively monitored
- As part of the team support in the daily monitoring of DCN and investigation of any issues to a conclusion
- Provide support on DCN related issues to the real-time Operations in the NOC and NCC, SAS sites, DPs and third parties
- Be part of the team that provides on-call support for the DCN
- Network / System Troubleshooting as required
- Other general duties as required
- The post will require some travel to the companies remote offices, and work outside the normal working hours to complete the activity in the system maintenance windows
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science / Data Communications.
- Holds a minimum cisco certification of Juniper JNCS/JNCP/JNCIE or CISCO CCSP/CCNP/CCIE or Palo Alto PCCSA or equivalent practical experience and expertise above this level obtained in a network security-related role.
- Experience in working in a network environment configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting routers, switches, firewalls, servers and monitoring devices.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Secure Networks
- Have intimate knowledge of Palo Alto, Panorama, Cisco ASA and FTD Firewalls with exposure to context and dynamic routing protocols.
- Proven experience in routing technologies – OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPN technologies, QOS and VRF’s (min. CCNP level skills)
- A proven expert in configuring network switches, with experience of VLANs, RSTP, etc.
- Experienced in configuring network monitoring tools like Stablenet, Solarwinds, IPERF, PerfSonar, Cisco IP SLA, AlgoSec, Qradar would be advantageous, although training will be provided to the right candidate with other related skills that might enhance the post and/or the group
- Generally proficient in Windows and Linux / Solaris computer systems to systems administrator-level with scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of ancillary network tools like cisco ISE, Radius, DNS and other monitoring/troubleshooting tools like Wireshark would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Ticketing systems (ServiceNow advantageous)
- Fluent with Microsoft Office components especially Visio