Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
My client has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. The company is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Technology Office
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) business unit sits at the core of our business and focuses on innovative technology development and engineering. The CTO maintains a centre of excellence for technology and broader infrastructure-related innovation, translating market needs into core expansion programmes to enable market development. We ensure that company products and services are constantly pushing the boundaries of satellite communications. The CTO team is responsible for delivering development programmes, including satellites and launchers, ground infrastructure (ground stations, networks, user terminals and access technology), regulatory, market access and product and service development.
Primary role purpose:
The Senior Manager, Lab Management will lead a small team responsible for the maintenance and expansion of the Platform Team’s labs. The Platform team has four geographically distributed labs: Aalesund, Burum, London, and Seattle. The post-holder and their team will be charged with optimizing these labs for use by the Development and Test groups within Platforms.
The post-holder will work to integrate the four labs into a unified system, providing geographically distributed and redundant lab equipment for use by the Development and Test groups within the overall Platform team. A prime goal is to make every piece of lab hardware usable from any location, with minimal hands-on reconfiguration work required by the Lab team itself. Strong emphasis will be placed on ensuring access to representative systems for any airline fleet, regardless of maintenance or issues at individual lab sites. “Lab extensions” will need to be created for systems that do not physically exist at the labs.
The post-holder will be responsible for the eventual move of the London lab to its new home.
At times the post-holder and team will be called on to support airline demos.
- Lead Labs maintenance and development for the Platforms Team
- Work with stakeholders to diagnose areas for process improvement
- Continually assess efficacy of changes implemented
- Foster a positive, constructive environment with feedback focused on clear goals
- Make the labs usable by all in an efficient and reliable way
- Make the labs able to handle both Test work (rigidly defined and static) and Development work (loosely defined and changing)
- Manage a small team
- Manage labs in various locations
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- BSc/BEng in a relevant technical degree (satellite communications / telecommunications / aeronautical engineering)
- Extensive experience with computer networking, operating systems, aircraft systems in an embedded environment
- Experience in leadership and driving correct behaviours.
- Developing people and high performing teams.
- Collaborate, be results driven, commercially orientated and demonstrate ability to prioritise
- Ability to apply an existing system to new problems
- Ability to think outside the box to pragmatically solve problem
- Working knowledge of satellite communications systems
- Demonstrated ability to improve quality of service through a logical approach of analysis, improvement and review
- Ability to lead an international team across multiple timezones
- Able to drive an ad hoc team to the correct conclusions, even if individual members arrive with pre-conceived notions contrary to that conclusion
- Excellent communicator to interface with distinct types of stakeholders
- Passion for new technologies, curious
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Aviation, Maritime, Satellite or Telecom industries is a plus
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace